History

1843 Julius Pintsch founds a plumber company in a basement in Berlin for gas technical installation.
1847 Production of  the first own gas meters at a branch in Breslau.
1869 The sensation: Illumination of the just opened Suez Canal with 105 Pintsch lightbuoys.
1870 Julius Pintsch introduces running lights for trains that work with compressed gas.
1872 Foundation of a light bulb factory in Fürstenwalde.
1878 Julius Pintsch was appointed head of commercial affairs in the kingdom of Preussen.
1907 Companies in Berlin, Fürstenwalde and Frankfurt were renamed to Julius Pintsch AG.
1919 Approx. 350.000 railway cars were equipped with lights made by Pintsch.
1924 Merger of Julius Pintsch AG and Bamag Meguin AG.
1929 Development and opening of the first electric signalling system.
1946 After World War II: Foundation of the Julius Pintsch West KG with headquarters in Frankfurt, Erkrath and Hamburg.
1947 Foundation of plant in Dinslaken on the compound of the former stockyard of the city. Products: carbon-pile regulator, converters, rotary piston gas meter, equipment for railway cars, signalling systems,  maritime aids to navigation, propulsion device controllers.
A power converter and a couple of carbon pressure controllers were sent to the fair in Hannover for the first time.
1953 Merger of the KGs in Konstanz, Dinslaken, Berlin, Köln and HQ Butzbach to the PINTSCH BAMAG AG with approx. 5.500 employees. The Focus: Process engineering, metallurgical technique, traffic engineering, signalling systems etc.
1965 First conference for visual signs after WW II took place in Rome under participation of PINTSCH BAMAG.
Delivery of the first electronic signal system for level crossings to the German Federal Railways.
1967 PINTSCH BAMAG AG was taken over by Baron Hans-Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza.
Transfer of the factory for propulsion technique from Berlin to Dinslaken.
1970 Purchase of the plant in Dinslaken by  the engineering factory STROMAG GmbH, Unna. Foundation of the PINTSCH BAMAG Antriebs- und Verkehrstechnik GmbH.
1987 Schaltbau AG, Munich, buys PINTSCH BAMAG Antriebs- und Verkehrstechnik GmbH, Dinslaken.
1994 Foundation of the subsidiary PINTSCH ABEN with headquarters in Maarssen, Netherlands. Focus: Point heating systems.
1997 Purchase of the production of the affiliated company GEZ, Frankfurt.
Purchase of the product segment public safety systems Wandel & Goltermann Communication Electronic, Eningen.
2003 Purchase of the product segment current collectors of the affiliated   company  InfoSystems, Wuppertal.
2006 Sale of the product segment current collectors to FERRAZ SHAWMUT, France.
2007 Purchase of  BUBENZER BREMSEN Gerhard Bubenzer Ing. GmbH, Kirchen-Wehbach.
Foundation of PINTSCH ABEN geotherm GmbH, Dinslaken.
PINTSCH ABEN geoterm GmbH was founded
2008 Foundation of PINTSCH BUBENZER GmbH, Kirchen / Dinslaken.
2009 Foundation of Shenyang PINTSCH BAMAG Transportation & Energy Equipment Co., Shenyang, China
2011 Transfer of the business unit Maritime Aids to Navigation to PINTSCH ABEN B.V.
2012 Purchase of Tiefenbach GmbH, Sprockhövel
Foundation of PINTSCH TIEFENBACH GmbH, Sprockhövel
2013 Foundation of PINTSCH BAMAG Brasil Tecnologia Ferroviária Ltda.
2016 Sale of the product segment Warning Technology to the swedish Standby Group
2017 Spin-off of rolling stock activities as SCHALTBAU REFURBISHMENT, business focus now exclusively on railway infrastructure